PREP: 15 mins COOK: 35 Mins TOTAL: 50 mins SERVES: 4
Photo by Spencer Dungy @thefieldyied Recipe by Bianca & Spencer Dungy @family of vegans
1 cup of uncooked wild rice
1 normal cauliflower cut into florets
Splash of olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary and thyme mix
4 cloves of garlic
1 litre of San Elk vegetable stock (4 teaspoons dissolved in 1 litre of boiling water)
1.5 cups of water
.5 cup of soaked cashews
.5 cup of nutritional yeast
Juice of one small lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set wild rice cooking according to instructions.
2. Boil cauliflower for 10 minarets, while they're boiling, begin frying your diced carrot, celery and onion in a little oil
3. After 5 minutes, add rosemary, thyme and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the stock and bring to a gentility simmer.
5. Take the boiled cauliflower and blend with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, cashews, water and a little salt until it's beautiful and creamy.
6. Add the creamed cauliflower and cooked wild rice to the stock and allow it to thicken (about 10 minutes).
7. Serve warm, seasoned generously and with fresh sourdough bread on the side.