PREP: 15 mins COOK: 20 Mins TOTAL: 35 mins SERVES: 2-4
Photo by Spencer Dungy @thefieldyied Recipe by Spencer Dungy @family of vegans and San Elk
400g dry pasta
1 bunch kale, stalks removed and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon rind
1.2 lemon juiced
1/2 cup pine nuts
200g cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
7-8 teaspoons of San Elk vegetable stock dissolved in 3 litres of boiling water
1. Set 3 litres of water to boil in a large pot, once water is boiled, add vegetable stock and pasta.
2. In the meanwhile, heat skillet and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add pine nuts and once lighted toasted remove and set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil to pan and on low heat add thinly sliced garlic. Allow to soften (2 minutes) and add kale, cooking for a further 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with lemon juice, lemon rind and pine nuts.
4. Once pasta is cooked, set aside 1.5 cups of cooking water (stock) . Strain pasta and add back to large pan.
5. Add in kale mix, chopped cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup stock and vegan parmesan cheese. Keep adding remaining stock slowly until desired sauce is achieved.
6. Serve with extra sprinkle of parmesan cheese and enjoy!
.5 cup raw cashew
1 cup nutritional yeast
.5tsp garlic powder
.6tsp San Elk stock powder
Add all ingredients to blender, blend until all combined and roughly chopped. Note: Store vegan parmesan in fridge in a sealed container. It is very important to ensure no moisture is present as it will form clumps in the vegan parmesan.