PREP: 5 mins COOK: 10 mins SERVES: 2-4 Recipe and photo prepared by @familyof vegans
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1 celery stick, chopped
2 teaspoons sesame oil
4 teaspoons of San Elk Vegetable Stock dissolved in 1 litre of boiled water (add additional teaspoon to taste, if required)
250grams, soba noodles or gluten free noodles
4 teaspoons white miso paste
4 teaspoons tamari sauce or soy sauce
1 pak choy, quartered
1 red chilli
1 carrot, shaved
250g extra firm tofu, sliced 1cm thick
HOW TO MAKE:
1. In a medium saucepan, lightly sauté celery in a splash of sesame oil
2. Once soft, add 1 litre of dissolved San Elk Vegetable Stock
3. Set aside a small amount of miso paste and tamari sauce for marinade. Add remainder to pan and stir in well.
4. Add soba noodles, allow to cook gently for 4 minutes
5. Heat a griddle or flat pan. Lightly marinade pak choy and tofu in tamari sauce, sesame oil and a little miso paste, then griddle until cooked on both sides.
6. Add the chilli and shaved carrot to your broth mix and allow to cook for a further 2 minutes before serving.
7. Serve in a bowl and top with tofu and pak choy.